I am absolutely obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate. It is the single greatest combination in the world. These cookies are chewy, moist and delicious. I practically ate the entire thing myself. Seriously, they are that good!
If you are doing any holiday baking this year, you definitely want to add these to your list. I will say though, the key is to make sure your butter and peanut butter are room temperature. Very important. I adapted the recipe below from AllRecipes.com, you can find the original here.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
1 cup mini chocolate peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.